Be ready to discover a new and very effective approach to monitoring.
Prometheus brings monitoring to another level, when everything is about metrics and graphs. It puts the data first, and takes advantage of multiple service discovery systems. This workshop will dive into its ecosystem and teach you how to get the best out of it.
- Metrics monitoring: what are the differences between metrics monitoring and standard monitoring
- Setup, configuration and maintenance of a Prometheus server
- Setup and configuration of common prometheus “exporters” (monitoring Linux, java, log-based apps, blackboxes)
- Alerting with Prometheus and Alertmanager – From writing rules to sending alerts
- Setting up Grafana to make nice graphs and dashboards
Please note: the following Linux skills are mandatory!
- You know how to use SSH to connect to a Linux server and run some commands.
- You know how to edit a file on a Linux server.
- You feel comfortable with the command line.
Julien Pivotto is a young Open-Source consultant at Inuits where he is helping organisations with the deployment of long-term solutions based on Open-Source infrastructure. He is a strong believer in the devops movement and has technical focus towards infrastructure automation, continuous integration, monitoring and high availability.
In the recent years, Julien has been evolved with the Prometheus community in various ways: code, helping users in the mailing list, sharing his experience at conferences and providing prometheus workshops.